It is March and most places are starting to warm up. But I live in Ohio and the weather is fickled, to say the least! It was 76 yesterday and today they are calling for 50 and rainy. So I think a big Crock Pot of Chili is in order! I can let it cook all day and still get some stuff done.
I usually have the ingredients on hand since my DH LOVES chili any time of year. This recipe just takes opening a lot of cans but sometimes the easier the better!
On to the recipe!
- 4-5 lbs of browned ground chuck
- 2-15oz cans of Pinto beans
- 2-15oz cans of chili kidney beans
- 1 28oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chili
- 2-15oz cans of whole stewed tomatoes
- 4-15oz cans of plain tomato sauce
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 TBS of minced garlic
- 2 packages of McCormick Chili seasoning packages
- Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot. Stir ingredients together till well blended and let simmer on Low for 4- 5 hours. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Another secret is to cook your meat in the crockpot.
Find the link to how to do this HERE. In my Meat stock up post.
You can put all 5 lbs in the crockpot on high and just stir and chop it every so often. I usually have the burger cooked up and in the freezer, so I can just pop it in the fridge the night before and it’s ready the next to make the chili.