Today I will be sharing with you a recipe for the Best Banana bread you will ever bake.
Most of you that follow my blog know that I’m a Lunch Lady, if not now you know! But before that, I was a Hairdresser for almost 25 years. I loved doing hair but it takes it’s toll on your body.
Well, in the 25 years I did hair I met a lot of interesting people. And I made many friends along the way. I also learned a lot from some of my clients. They were like family and some even shared their recipes with me. Christmas time is when I always use these recipes and think of those people that shared them with me. So my next couple of posts will be sharing these recipes with you.
First is a Banana Bread recipe. I know what you’re thinking banana bread, that’s easy I have a recipe for that. Well, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have THIS Recipe! It’s a keeper! It is so easy and only calls for 3 bananas which is great cause it’s not like you have a lot of bananas sitting around turning brown… Well, at least, I hope you don’t!
Anyway, on to the recipe!
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 stick of Margarine
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 1 TBS Lemon juice
- 1 cup Chopped nuts (opt)
- First peel Bananas and smash them with a fork till mushy and most lumps are gone then add lemon juice to Bananas set aside you can add the nuts in the end when you mix in Part 3
- Mix Part 1 together BY HAND!!!! DO NOT USE A MIXER!
- After Part 1 is well blended add Part 2 slowly.
- I usually start with a spoon then mix with my hands it just blends better.
- Mix till it resembles corn meal.
- Then add Part 3 mix well with a spoon till well combined. Everything should be moist no dry areas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour for one loaf and for 45 mins if you decide to make 2 loaves.
Here is what it should look like after mixing Part 1 and Part 2 together:
This is what you want the batter to look like… Trust me!
This IS what it is supposed to look like you did nothing wrong!
I let the Bread cool completely then wrapped up the loaves and put them in the freezer. Then I just pull them out when I’m putting the platters of cookies together.
This recipe is great since it freezes well. You can make these ahead of time instead of waiting until the last minute when you going crazy with last minute baking!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years! Please ask me any questions or tell me what you think below! I’d love to hear from you!