50 Things to do in my 50th year.
What is this?? I’m turning 50???
I’m turning 50!!!!
How can this be???
How can I be turning 50?
Well, turning 50 has caused me to reflect on my life.
Do you realize my life is over half lived…
It’s my 50th year…OMG! Where did it all go??
Before you say anything, I know that I have a lot of life to live.
But in reality, even if I live to be 100, which I doubt, my life is half over.
It’s ok I’m fine with it!
Really I am!
I’ve had a great life! I’ve raised 2 great kids! They are beautiful inside and out! I have the love of a great man that I have been married to longer than I’d not had him in my life.
I love the memories I have had to date.
But now is the time to step up the game! Live my life to the fullest. After all, you never know how much time you have left.
So I decided to make a list of 50 things to do in my 50th year.
Just to give me, even more, memories.
A lot of these are close to home but they are things I’ve never done.
Ohio is a big state!
There is a lot to do!
And when you add Michigan to the mix watch out! That’s a lot of space to cover!!
I’m sure if you look at your state you could find many things to do there too.
Well on to the list:
- Go to Marblehead
- Visit Kelley’s island
- Go to Put-in-Bay
- Canopy walk in Kirkland
- Donut trial in Ohio
- Do 50 Acts of Kindness
- Lose 5lbs
- Make an app (plans made for a travel app)
- Covered bridges tour
- Waterfall tour in Ohio
- Find, Photo, and identify 50 birds
- See the northern lights in Michigan well try to mother nature needs to help out on this one.
- Prehistoric forest in Marblehead
- Belle Isle Detroit
- Ohio trolley and railway museum ride
- Brandy wine falls Ohio
- Aug. 21st, 2017 solar eclipse
- Burger fest in Akron Ohio
- Get rid of 50 things!!
- Hot air balloon fest!
- Rosey mound trail Grand Haven
- Visit 50 state parks
- Cuyahoga valley Nat’l park
- Lights at the Toledo zoo
- See a shooting star, again need mother nature’s help.
- Singing fountain Grand Haven
- Learn to make cookies in RV oven ( it’s harder than you think!)
- Find a Petoskey stone
- See the purple bridge in Cinci Ohio
- Carew tour observation deck Cinci OH
- Watch a meteor shower again need mother natures help on this one
- Get a passport
- Jungle Jim’s
- Learn to make a frozen mocha like Panera
- Read 50 books, any suggestions?
- Work up to a blog post a day
- Learn to cut Tobie’s hair
- Visit 50 historical sites
- Learn to cook dinner on a campfire, anyone that camps with me will say learn to build a fire first LOL.
- Do 50 things to make the house sellable
- Camp at Maumee bay
- Drive 75 to Sault Ste. Marie
- Drive up the Michigan Lakeshore
- Do Lake Erie circle tour
- Uniroyal giant tire MI
- Ann Arbor’s fairy door
- Go to Hell, Michigan that is.
- Visit Loveland castle
- Old Firehouse Wine
- Sample 50 craft brews
I hope you enjoy my journey with me!
If you have been any of these places and have suggestions please let me know I’d love to hear from you!
I hope you follow along all year to see me celebrate my 50th year!
FYI life is great!!
Live and love to the fullest!!